A delicious vegetarian butter paneer recipe using one of Ujamaa Spice’s single origin spices . Can be enjoyed with some chai tea!
🧀 Riya’s paneer
🧅3 Medium sized onions
🍅5 Large ripe tomatoes
🥜2 Handful’s of cashew nuts
🍈2 Handful’s melon seeds
🍠Large piece of ginger
🧄8 Cloves of Garlic
🌶2 Dry red chillis
🌕1 1/2 teaspoon Ujamaa Spice turmeric powder
🌶2 tablespoons Red chilli powder
🌶1 teaspoon Garam masala
🥫1 tablespoon Tomato purée
🌿handful of kasuri methi
▪️1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
🧈2 tablespoons of Ghee
🪔1 table spoon oil
1. Get a big pan, and add 1 table spoons of oil. As soon as the oil starts to heat up add the cumin seeds,chopped onions, tomatoes, garlic, ginger, red chillis, cashews, melon seeds, salt and cook this on medium to high heat.
2. Mix it well and then add some water. Let it cook for 12-15 minutes until everything is nice and soft.
3. Once your mixture has cooled down, blend it into a fine smooth paste and set it aside.
4. Now in a different pan add ghee and some cumin seeds. Once they start darken in colour, add some curry leaves and turn down the heat then add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, tomato purée and keep stirring to make sure your mixture isn’t burning.
5. Next, add the paste that we blended along with a little bit more water, salt, and give it a good stir and cover it for 7-8 minutes.
6. Now, add a hand full of kasoori methi and some garam masala. Stir this all well and taste if you you need to add and more salt or spice.
7. You can now finally add your paneer chunks and and let it cook for about 2 minutes and finally add some fresh coriander!
For more delicious recipes, follow me on instagram!